Wednesday 9 March 2011

The Wonderful Alicia Keys



Alicia Keys is one of my female artists. She has an incredible voice, and has produced so many great songs and albums. Unfortunately I missed her latest UK tour, last year, but I am a big follower of her music. She not only has the soulful voice of an angel, but is an accomplished pianist. She is faultless.  She sings of love, beauty, and female empowerment. Her songs always lift my mood and make me smile.  She has released a total of five albums, her debut album ‘Songs in A minor’ in June 2001 which sold over six million copies in the US. Here is, in my opinion, one of her greatest songs ever written, so beautiful and stunning. It's 'Fallin' live, where her voice shines and her piano skills are extremely impressive.


 Her next album was released in December  2003, ‘The Diary of Alicia Keys’. In 2005, she released her ‘Unplugged’ album, on both CD and DVD, an album which is DEFINITELY worth buying, as she sings live including songs from her previous two albums.


In November 2007, Alicia Keys released her third album ‘As I am’ where the song ‘No one’ became a huge hit. I loved this song as soon as I heard it.


Other songs on in this album including ‘Superwoman’ blew me away. This song really means a lot to me, and probably so many other woman as she speaks from the heart, and touches and inspires those who listen. Here is Alicia singing this live in Madrid. Wonderful. 


Finally, Alicia wrote her latest album, ‘The Element of Freedom’ which was released in December 2009. This received mixed reviews, but I still love it. It includes her big number one hit ‘Empire State of Mind’ and even features Behonce in ‘Put It in a Love Song’ on track 10. She is truly a talented artist, even if R n B isn’t your style, her more soulful, gospel songs will be sure to reach your soul. Her vocals are admirable, and as a singer, I look up to her. She also entered the realms of motherhood last year when she gave birth to a son, Egypt Daoud Dean, on October 14, 2010. She is real woman, and this is definitely shown in her lyrics and live performances. Alicia Keys, you are a real beauty and star. Please keep writing and singing always.


No comments:

Post a Comment