Saturday 5 March 2011

Dolly Parton is coming to London!

It is official. Dolly Parton will be playing a UK tour, and stopping at the O2 Arena on the 7th and 8th of September! Tickets are going from £50 to £90 depending on what seats you would like, and I really, really want to go. Dolly is one of my BIGGEST musical inspirations with her stunning country voice and melodies, and of course Honeygene always loves performing her classic hit 'Jolene'.

Here is a clip of Dolly in action singing 'Jolene' live. She not only has a great voice, but adds wit and humour to her performances. Love it.


She is such a star, I cannot wait to see her perform at long last. Raised from such a poor family in the mountains of Tennessee, growing up, her family struggled through poverty and childbirth. Dolly was one of twelve, and always wanted to be a songwriter. She is known as the 'Queen of country music' and I believe this to be true. At 65, I think she looks great, and is open to talking about plastic surgery and her extremely glamourous sometimes 'trashy' look. But, I love her all the same. She is an inspiration, has a true passion for her music, and has become such a success growing up from nothing. From songs such as 'I will always love you' which Whitney Houston did a great job covering, Dolly will always have a big place in my heart. I can not wait to go and see her in action. I love you, Dolly.

No comments:

Post a Comment