Sunday 20 February 2011

The next two years

I went back to Jamaica twice in that year. Yes I know. How did I afford it? Unfortunately I am still paying that price. Honeygene was progressing, with new songs, a new style and some good photos too, thanks for Barry MccDonald and the greatness of Camden Market after hours.


At the end of the year I took a year out. I decided to go to Jamaica for 8 months. As you can only imagine, I learnt alot of lifes lessons, and it opened my eyes into a new world. A world of music, beaches, coconut trees, jamaican home cooking over coal fire, new people, friends, babies, and Jamaican countryside and families and community. A look into religion, growth, poverty, and the local way of living. I met alot of brilliant Jamaican musicians.
Fanta cooking goat ovet the fire at Christmas
Limo.  A hell of a dancer, and character. He loved the ladies, spliff and bottles of Heat. It is exactly what is sounds.



The Christmas Itch festival was a chance for me to return home, play some gigs, and promote our christmas song. You are reading correctly. Honeygene have a song called 'Xmas Wish' which is available on Itunes. It is cheesy, catchy as I sing about snow, santa and about people in love being apart at christmas. I returned after two weeks for New years eve 2009. Splendid.

No comments:

Post a Comment