Friday 14 December 2012

Rihanna's new single Stay




Rihanna's new single Stay will be available to download on the 7th January 2013, and I have to admit I am loving it. The Barbadian star has not thrilled me in a while - with latest dance track singles such as We Found Love ( high end production and little vocal talent or skill) But, it was did well in the charts and after a few hearings it grew on me too. Unfortunately, after the hundredth time on the radio it began to bore me and like most over played songs, made me want to turn the channel over.

Diamonds,  her other latest single was also hit, and again I liked it. But, it didn't make me want to play it again and again at home whilst I was washing up or instead of doing that long overdue essay. Stay for the first time in a while excited me. It's a slow song, the lyrics actually have meaning, and her vocals are at last shining again.

I especially like these lyrics:

Ohhh the reason I hold on
Ohhh cause I need this hole gone
Funny you're the broken one but I'm the only one who needed saving
Cause when you never see the light it's hard to know which one of us is caving


Nice use of rhyme, and the piano riff is simple but effective,. She is stripped back and raw, just like the old says with Unfaithful.

Here is a clip as she sung it on the X Factor finals last Saturday evening on ITV1 followed by We Found Love.  No matter what people say, you cannot deny she is a versatile artist, she sells records and gets the crowds going.


What do you think about her new single?

No comments:

Post a Comment